Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Randoms

A few random bits for your entertainment since I've been away for awhile.  (I haven't actually been away, I'm still here in my house, but I haven't actually sat down and typed a blog post since October, and let's face it, it was a little depressing.)  Anyhow.

1.  Our family has now read The Girls Body Book and The Boys Body Book (I got them on Amazon and would totally recommend them.) and we are officially experts on puberty.  Boobs, body hair, body odor, PERIODS.  All that.  Growing up is fun!

2.  My 10 year old will no longer wear jammies (not that he calls them that).  He feels it is completely appropriate to get a regular pair of basketball shorts to put on for bed.  He also only wears basketball shorts during waking hours (unless we are at church).  He also has a very weird thing about socks.  After speaking with the other moms of his friends, I found out their boys also have a weird thing about socks.  I'll get into that another day.  Also despite the fact that he has eleventy-thousand t-shirts, he wears the same ones every week.  I've been fighting the urge to tell his teacher that he really has more clothes than it appears.  That would probably embarrass him.  Maybe I'll just FB message her a pic of his closet.  No?

3.  I was thinking about how a long time ago, my biggest fear was getting pregnant.  Now my biggest fear is getting lice.  Not me, my kids.  Well both, I guess.  And when they are in HS my biggest fear is going to be them getting themselves or someone else pregnant.    #growingup #fullcircle

4.  Current reality TV obsessions: Real Housewives of Potomac, Teen Mom OG, The Bachelor (I already know who wins and she was my favorite from the beginning.)  

5.  We had a family pic taken for the first time in 5 years!


I'll be back soon, I promise!  Bye!

1 witty remarks:

mapleleavessycamoretrees said...

Nice to read a post from you, Jill! The kids are getting big...you all look great! And I can relate with the basketball shorts. My oldest asked me if he could wear them the other day and it was below freezing. Um...no.