Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Halloween sign

I made a craft!  I did!  I did!  Something came over me and I felt compelled to do something crafty.  It's the first crafty thing I've done since we moved to the new house!  
Rumor has it, this is THE neighborhood for Halloween, so I felt like I needed to up my game in the Halloween decor department, you know?  

 I found this super nice cutting board that was brand new at Goodwill.  I thought it would be perfect for a sign because it already had the handle for hanging.  $4.99 y'all!  I was hoping green was the half off color of the day because that would be a sa-weet deal, but it wasn't.  Oh well. 
I painted it with chalk spray paint and then added vinyl for the witch and ghosts.  This was my first experience with the chalk marker and I'm never going back to the old school chalk!  The marker is AWESOME!  I was thinking...eh,six bucks for two?  But they are well worth it!  Can't wait to write on more stuff!  Then I just tied on a ribbon and it was done!  The best part is, when Halloween is over, I can take everything off of it, and use it for a different kind of sign.  
I've got some more to do, but it's getting there! 

1 witty remarks:

Anonymous said...

I love it Jill!! Cant wait to see what you come up with for Christmas!! :)